Monday, May 27, 2013

Garage Activity! and Pony Corral Cruise Night

One of the great things about finally having a garage is the cool storage stuff you can buy for it! I think the first thing that I got after we bought the house was this tire rack to mount on the wall, as I am sick of either a) keeping wheels in the basement and lugging them up and down stairs, or b) paying the dealer$hip $50/year to store my wheels for me.

The thing went together fine with a minimum of cursing or disassembly/reassembly. It seems to hold the set of 17" VW alloy wheels up there with reasonable security, and despite the strange perspective in this photo, it IS level... I even used a bubble level when assembling it ;-)

GARAGE!!! so awesome to have a garage.

Later on I took the Porsche out to the Pony Corral for cruise night. Not a lot going on there but saw a nice Triumph GT6 on Minilites. I really dig this car for some reason - it is TINY.

Can you guess what this is? Had to take a picture of the awesome machine-turned aluminum dashboard of this Turbo Trans-Am. I remember quite clearly taking a ride in the back of a Turbo T-A driven by my first girlfriend's cool/scary older sister back in the '80s, and the distinctive dashboard really stuck with me. Dynamically the car was probably junk but that dash was just so... cool (I'm sorry to keep using that word but it just seems to fit so well).

Some kids playing "Chinese fire drill" (can we still say that?) in matching Mercedes 450 (left) and 280 (right)SLs. I think (hope) that the cars belonged to their families. I kept an eye on them when they ran over to the newish Aston Martin convertible (just behind the yellow 240Z at upper left) but their shenanigans were not repeated. There were people having their pictures taken beside the Aston which I thought was just a bit weird.

The Mercedes were obviously well-used but tidy.

Bradley GT... dear God. Chacun a son gout and all that, but maybe give it a wash and clean the trash out of the interior. That's all I'm sayin'.

Rear three-quarter view of the GT6 Mk3; tastily styled by Michellotti. Need this as eye-bleach for the Bradley.

As I say there was really not too much of interest for me at the cruise this week. A guy applying tire dressing to his new Subaru WRX; some OK British stuff including a Triumph Spitfire, older Mini and MGB; Mustang club with new Mustangs that have interesting styling but being new, are somewhat "meh" for people who like old cars; and finally some real "WTFs" like the Bradley and a "Raptor" pickup truck. I know it will pick up (ha) as the summer continues.

Later, skaters...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Don't worry if it doesn't show up instantly, comments are moderated. Thanks!