Thursday, October 28, 2021

Yamaha R1 with Micron Slip-On Exhaust Sound Clip


So when I bought my R1 many years ago, it came with both the stock exhaust and a Micron carbon slip-on . I immediately removed the Micron and stuck the stock pipe back on, and have ridden the bike for years like that. However, I recently took a notion to re-fit the Micron for some more funky sound. It only took a few minutes and I didn't even have to remove the fairing lowers, although I did order a couple of springs for the muffler. 

The sound isn't obnoxious at all and I don't mind the look - although I prefer a round can to the oval one, the carbon fiber is nice and certainly waaaay more tasteful than the multi-coloured tat that people used to fit to their sportbikes in the late '90s. It's also a "period-correct" modification, unlike the stubby cans and bottom-exit exhausts that currently seem in vogue. An Akrapovic would be better but they're NLA now and to find a second-hand one in good shape is practically impossible, so I'll stick with this one. 

It's much lighter than the stock exhaust as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Don't worry if it doesn't show up instantly, comments are moderated. Thanks!