Monday, July 3, 2023

Mirrors for the Hawk GT

So my old Hawk GT's Two Brothers Racing fairing kit came with genuine Honda RC30 mirrors. These were "OK" but kinda chunky and clunky, so I swapped them for some smaller aftermarket mirrors. Problem was, when I got the new Hawk, I couldn't remember who made the old bike's mirrors.   

HawkGTForum.com to the rescue, as always, as a user identified the mirrors from a picture of my old bike. They are "F1" short-stem (40mm) mirrors from Bike-It. I ordered a pair from the UK on eBay.

They look good eh? Single-bolt so they are super easy to fit and stay very steady while the bike is in motion. Can't ask more than that of a mirror. So with those fitted I could actually put a temp tag on the machine and ride around a bit, bearing in mind the extreme old age of the tires...

Anyway, here's a few more shots of the machine...





 Next up I have to replace those ancient tires and refinish the wheels...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Don't worry if it doesn't show up instantly, comments are moderated. Thanks!